We see signs everywhere. When on the street, it tells us where to pass. When we are in the park, it reminds us to clean after our pets. If we visit unfamiliar territories, it warns us of the danger in the area.
Signs are very helpful. However, many ignore it. There are people who still use their mobile phones even if they are in a gasoline station. Some still smokes even if there is a no smoking sign. Many do not take not of the signs because they do not realize their important.
There are many reasons why we have to follow safety signs. Here are five of them:
1. It will keep you safe. The signs provide information about the area you are entering. If the building have zones you should not visit, you will see a sign that tells you to go away. It also gives warning. If the surface is hot, a sign will warn you about it so that you can take precautionary measures if ever you need to touch the surface.
2. It will keep the others safe. Keep in mind that your actions will affect the others. For example, a warning sign tells you that the room has highly flammable substances. It forbids you to use your lighter or any fire starters. However, you took that for granted. You lit a cigarette, and it caused fire to burst.
The incident above will not only endanger you, it will also put everyone in the area at risk. You are unsure if someone will be able to stop the spread of fire.
3. It will keep you out of trouble. There are signs that remind you of the law. In the streets for example, a sign will tell you to slow down. There are also signs that will indicate that you are about to enter a school zone. Following these signs will keep you out of trouble. You will not get a ticket for over speeding and you will help keep the kids safe.
4. It will direct you to safety. There are safety signs that give instructions on what to do in times of emergency. There are signs that point you to where the potable water is. Signs also indicate how far you are from the next gasoline station.
One of the most important signs you should find is the exit. When you get to a building, it is important that you see visible signs of where the safety exits are. Fire exit or emergency exits are very important because you never know when you emergency will occur.
5. It will help the society find order. Imagine what will happen if everyone in the community refuse to follow the signs. People will cross in any parts of the streets even if it is prohibited. People will throw their waste anywhere. Lastly, they will not mind warning signs, leading to a very chaotic neighborhood.
It is important to follow signs because it is primarily for the well-being of the people. If the establishment or the government does not care for the people, then they would not exert efforts in putting those signs up.